Thursday, August 05, 2010

See You In September

There aren't many radio stations audible on the dial (heh. Yeah, dial, when was that last true?) between Swanzey and Concord, but I caught this while scanning. I love the nostalgia of it, and I can feel that middle-school crush and anxiety even now. Funny thing, though, I don't associate it with any particular girlfriend. Though in retrospect, I should have with a few.

Maybe I just like the summer romance feel of it, better for not being associated with any one particular girl. Because once nostalgia gets that specific, it gets bogged down in the realities.


Yeah, you can tell that's Minnesota. Look at the frantic excitement of those girls.

2 comments:

akafred said...

AVI - I think this was recorded just before lip sync coaches were invented. My favorite summer song is "Summertime, Summertime" by the Jamies from "Dawchester" Mass.

expat said...

Great memories. It's strange that we knew we could have our hearts broken, but we didn't close ourselves off.