Monday, August 20, 2007

Bears Mentioning

I don't know of comments sections on conservative sites that are this stupid and hateful. Individual comments, sure. Whole sites, not that I've seen. (HT: Maggie's Farm)

And in similar fashion, Hillary has been fighting the Republican Attack Machine for 35 years, she says. I have noted too many times that Democrats promise to fight for some group of people, and Republicans promise to work for the people. Both are untrue, but it does reveal what their picture of the world is. But I'm just askin, here: does anyone remember Bush mentioning that he has to fight the Democrat Attack Machine? Heck, even Rush Limbaugh doesn't talk like that.

The Clintons have a solid dose of paranoia which long predates anyone outside of Arkansas even hearing about them. It's how they get elected, by appealing to the paranoia of the anti-conservatives.

4 comments:

kreiz1 said...

AVI- still have a printout of your brilliant 9/3/06 post- Postliberal. I keep coming back to it- it's become an intellectual touchstone of sorts, especially the last line. Keep up the good work.

Larry Sheldon said...

I don't understand why we spend so much energy on what they say.

One a hazardous material zone has bee identified, put op the warning signs and then let us move one to what we can do better.

David Foster said...

I think the "fight for" / "work for" dichotomy is an important one. Democrats seem to see the US as a Hobbesian war of group against group, and nothing more.

If this were a ship, the Dems would be stirring up the engine room crew against the navigators, or the radio-room folks against the deck force. The concept of preserving the ship *as a whole* is really outside their consciousness.

GraniteDad said...

I was expecting a post about bears when I saw the title. Now I am disappointed. Could you post something about bears to remedy this?